Monday, December 6, 2010

Black Swan

On Friday Night I headed out to the movies to watch Black Swan- unfortunately when I arrived there was a mass crowd and the ticket sellers were yelling "There are NO more tickets left for Black Swan tonight!"- A little defeated, I left with the plan of returning the next day. I'm glad I did, Black Swan is easily one of the best films I have seen this year.

The story follows Nina Sayer, a ballerina in a New York City Ballet Company, who is cast as the lead role in the company's rendition of Swan Lake. To truly do the role justice, Nina must embody both the innocence of the White Swan and the sensuality of the Black Swan- the latter which she finds difficult. Enter Lily, a new dancer to the company who is the personification of the Black Swan- thus creating a rivalry and twisted friendship between the two dancers. As Nina attempts to tap into her dark side with reckless abandonment, a transformation begins which threatens to destroy her.

If you haven't already seen it, make sure you do. It's an Amazing Film!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments- they brighten up my day (-: