Sunday, January 2, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

And so ends another year! I hope everyone rung in the New Year with some wonderfully wicked celebrations! For myself the evening was spent starting the night at a small gathering at the Sheraton Hotel and then heading out to one of my old Perth haunts- Amplifier Bar.

It's had been close to two years since I had last been to Amplifier, or Amps as it is affectionately dubbed, and the return was bittersweet- same setting, same music, different people. Within moments of walking in I witnessed a girl screaming at the top of her lungs at what I can only assume was an ex-boyfriend and then towards the end of a night when I was dancing with my friends, I was asked if I was a lesbian by an neanderthal who couldn't seem to comprehend why else I would not want to dance with him.

But not to bitch, I did after all still have an awesome night and met some lovely people along the way. I am sure going to miss these summer nights once I return to Toronto in a few days. Happy New Year Folks!















2 comments:

Thankyou for your comments- they brighten up my day (-: