Wednesday, July 8, 2009

His room

Today has been one week since Bryan left for Europe, although it feels more like 1 year. Getting use to him not being around has been different then I thought it would be, no better or worse, just different. Perth seems like a different place without him around, a sadder place where everywhere I go a memory with Bryan surfaces until I manage to push it from my mind and focus on something else. It’s kind of been working too. But not today.

Today I’ve been thinking a lot about his room, one of my favourite places to be in this world. I’ve moved house 3 times in the last 4 years and that whole time Bryan’s room has remained the same (Except for the ever-growing amount of wonderful trinkets). His room has been one of the only constants in my life for a long time, a place where I can feel safe and happy. A place where we have had many nights of renting videos together, talking together, sleeping together, waking up with each other, eating, drawing, building lego, getting drunk, arguing, listening to music together… And now it feels like it’s gone, even though I know it’s still exactly the same as it was when I saw it last week.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments- they brighten up my day (-: