Friday, March 11, 2011

Bright Eyes In The Flesh

After a never ending bus ride through the night and some really freaky dreams, I find myself back in Toronto and my wonderful trip to New York at an end- Sigh. And what an amazing trip it was! New York City never ceases to amaze me, it is almost like 100 towns rolled into one wonderfully, fantastic giant city where there is never a shortage on things to do. I could definitely see myself living there one day, if the fates allow.

But now lets talk about the main reason that brought me back to this surreal city of dreams in the first place- Seeing Bright Eyes play at Radio City Music Hall. I remember being in Drama class one sunny day back when I was in Highschool and a friend of mine had the album I'm Wide Awake It's Morning in his CD Walkmen and played me the song First Day Of My Life- After falling in love with that simple but beautiful song, thus began my love affair with Bright Eyes.

I have seen Conor Oberst perform twice in the past, once with Monsters of Folk and once with Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band- both of these shows were wonderful, but no where near amazing as actually seeing Conor perform as Bright Eyes at such an iconic venue as Radio City Music Hall. Listening to him belt out these heart wenching songs that remind me of so many memories throughout my life was close to surreal, like walking in a field of magical day dreams- when he started singing Poison Oak, I was sure I was going to die right then and there.

Finally seeing Bright Eyes, another thing to cross off my bucket list!



2 comments:

  1. you look so cute. that dress is divine. awesome venue.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a treat, radio hall looks amazing such adventures xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments- they brighten up my day (-: