Friday, June 3, 2011

The Awesome Foursome

When I first decided that I was going to move to Canada a part of me wondered if I was going to be able to make it for longer then a few months before I caved and for one reason or another would go back to Australia.

Although living abroad has not been without its moments of me wanting to go home, for the most part I have found it easier then I thought I would, which I accredit mostly to the fact that I moved here with some of the most wonderful people I know- My beautiful twin sister Emmily, the cynical but hilarious Neil and of course one of my oldest amigos, the lovely Sinead who I now live in Toronto with.

Even though in large parts we were all so different, something about us as a group just worked so nicely and it made being away from home all the more easier. Not to say things in our household were always smooth sailing, looking back though some of the things we would argue about were so ridiculous that it makes it even funnier when I think back to it now.

I'm usually dripping with pangs of nostagia in some form most of the time when I have too much time to ponder, but damn do I miss those days sometimes... Oh and for the record we never called ourselves the awesome foursome and I imagine that they are all going to cringe when they read that title- especially Neil (-:












8 comments:

  1. Oh it sounds so sweet. I also get very nolstagic about a lot of things and I am only eighteen! I can't imagine what I'll be like when I'm older :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end. we'd sing and dance forever and a day... haha seriously i miss them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! thank you so much for commenting!
    love your blog!
    p.s. i would really like to see your hair in pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwww...
    seeing yr hair iin pink would be interesting hehe jld

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures are all really great :)

    pepperandchips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw you guys look like you've had a lot of fun together :)

    You're gonna make it to Auckland during the coldest and wettest time of the year! My advice is to invest in good shoes and a good raincoat, and drink lots of irish coffee cuz being damp is a lot less depressing when you're slightly tipsy and higly caffienated

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments- they brighten up my day (-: