Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cemetery Junction

With the end of the week nearing and the weekend well in sight, I woke up this morning to find myself with a small case of the sniffles- which I find laughable considering I went through the majority of the freezing Toronto winter unscathed and now that the sun is starting to peek its little head out again I finally get the sniffles.

But enough about that, I wanted to talk about a film I watched last night at a friends house- called Cemetery Junction. It is the latest feat from Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant, who are obviously best known for their hilarious television shows The Office and Extras. The film is a coming of age type story set in the 70's that follows three best friends, who live in a suburb in Reading called Cemetery Junction, as they try to figure out who they are and what they want to do with their lives.

Although the actual storyline is nothing that hasn't been done before I still thoroughly enjoyed watching the film. Quite funny and heartfelt in parts, it is the kind of film that makes you nolstagic for your youth- even if your only twenty two like me. Being set in the 1970's, the cloths are wonderful! And the soundtrack is pretty awesome also, complete with some Bowie and Zeppelin. Very nice film indeed.

Has anybody else seen the film? What did you think?



“There’s an ancient Arab proverb that says Throw your heart out in front of you and run ahead to catch it” - Julie

5 comments:

  1. yeah i liked it also Haha and thats all i have to say about that...(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! love it! :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great movie tip! im totally checking it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of The Office but this looks pretty cool, I think I'll give it a chance. Thanks for sharing.

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stills look great, quite want to watch this now :)

    http://www.beautifulandamned.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments- they brighten up my day (-: